7.31.2008

So disappointing...

Some time back I read an article about how some paleontologist people had found remnants of soft tissue encased in seventy-million year old dinosaur fossils. Now it's been revealed that, upon closer inspection, the "soft tissue" is in fact bacterial slime that dates back to about 1960.

-=/sigh\=-

It would have been so cool to have even that little tiny chance that we could find some dinosaur DNA. Now I'll just have to count on the scientific community's ability to fully decode DNA and gain enough knowledge that they can write up some dino-DNA.

And I don't say that just because I want a dino-burger...

Mr. W

2 comments:

Adie said...

A dino-burger? Like in the Flintstones? Are you hoping for a really large rack of ribs too?

Mr. W said...

No.
I don't like ribs.
I don't care for any meat that has bones that get in my way.

But...

Give me a Tyranno-steak...

Now we're talking.