7.14.2008

The King of Kong!

I watched "King of Kong" today.
It's about a man's quest to gain the world record (we're talking Guinness here) high score at the original arcade game Donkey Kong.

I like video games.
I play a video game almost every day.
Today I saw what happens when you become too devoted to video games.

Don't get me wrong. It was good.
For someone interested in video games it is indeed an interesting story. A story filled with nerd drama. Basically, with the exception of one guy, the rest of the guys featured in the documentary are indefatigable and probably unrepentant game nerds.

Their drama took me back to high school. The in-fighting. The back-stabbing. The talking behind each others backs. It was remarkable. Many of these guys are older than me! And I'm not exactly the prime example of a mature 31 year old. But they put my little childish behaviors to shame.

It was funny and sad all at the same time.
But funny in a, "laughing at them" kind of way.

NERDS!!!!!

heh...

nothing to see here...

Mr. W

No comments: