3.03.2008

"I write the B-sides, that make a small portion of the world cry."

(title in quotes due to it being a lyric swiped from Eels.)

I don't post much on this here blog.

That's too bad.

I'm just sitting here wasting all this web space. -=sIGh=-

That may be, but I am posting now, so it's all good, right?

The problem is I don't have any idea for this post, I was just sitting at home watching Intervention on A&E and as I watched a girl addicted to heroin and cocaine go to rehab and then her anorexic/bulimic mother also go into treatment I thought... I SHOULD WRITE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET!!!

So here I am.
Writing on the internet.

It's like throwing rocks in a river, you know.
Satisfying.
Yet futile.

The river doesn't care about those little rocks, and the splash is fleeting.


"Goddamn right, it's a beautiful day..." -- "Mr. E's Beautiful Blues" - Eels

So some doctors told me that I don't sleep like I'm supposed to, and this is likely something that has been going on for quite some time. So effectively, the 8 hours of sleep I've been getting at night has had the quality of 4-6 real hours of sleep... I FORGOT HOW TO SLEEP!!!

Unbelievable.

Not really... it's a regularly diagnosed condition that affects lots of people.

It's handy though right... I just have to look at it this way...
By many measures, I have been successful for the last 7 years. And it appears that for at least the last half of it I have been basically sleep deprived. Neat.

"Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station." - Palpatine

Should be interesting to see what life looks like through fully rested eyes. I'll bet it looks familiar. Like something I've seen before but I can't quite place. Or maybe it will just be what I see everyday, but clearer. Like going from an old TV to Hi-Def... suddenly I'll be able to see what I'd been missing because of the lack of resolution.

Problem is...

I basically find people annoying and obnoxious.
(I should qualify that)
By "people" I am referring to folks that I don't know who manage to intrude on my consciousness.
(I should qualify that)
By intrude, I mean that they unreasonably interfere with what I'm doing, generally without being aware that they bothered anyone.

So... that's what happens when I think about work and try to do some blogging. It makes me want to share how I judge so many of my coworkers to be deficient. That's clearly a sign that my psyche is totally in balance and that I have nothing troubling me at all... right!

Because
they really are that bad.
They work in customer service and sales for goodness sake!
CUSTOMER SERVICE!
AND SALES!!!

They make a living by having a fake exterior.
Cannot be trusted.

Nuh-uh.
Don't trust'em.

Aaaaaaaannnnnyway....

I guess work has been bugging me.
MUST
KEEP
VENTING!!!!!

Ok so here's the thing.
There are different sales groups at the company I work for.
In general I find the personalities of sales people to be grating. I don't like'em.
And this group has an unfortunate tradition. Every time one of the members of the team makes a sale they ring a bell (the bells range from a cow bell to one of those little bells that usually have a "Ring For Service" sign on them). That's not the problem.
After they ring their bell....
After that...
people cheer
people clap
fairly often someone uses a "clapping" noisemaker
sometimes someone sounds an air horn
If it only lasted 3-5 seconds it probably wouldn't bother me.
If they didn't sit close enough to me that their noise bothers me even when I have headphones on it probably wouldn't bother me.
But if it only lasted 3-5 seconds and was farther away I wouldn't be complaining about it on the internet!


COMPLAINING ON THE INTERNET!!!

(I really just want to be an angsty teen again so that I can post all these personal conflicts and believe that they are SO ImPoRtAnT!)

'Cuz, no one else has ever felt like this ever. Ever.


Right, so this has really been a worthwhile endeavor, no?
It has only taken a couple hours... well, still only 15 minutes of writing time, but I did open this document quite some time ago.
SHhhhhHHHhh!

You're supposed to tell the internet that this was easy and that there is nothing even a little bit difficult about being on the internet.

Since, heck, kids can do all kinds of things with technology these days... as long as you give them functional complex technology that is guaranteed to work... then they're just whizzes at the inTerNet.

I'm gonna have to wander of now.

I hope you've enjoyed my blog post.

I enjoyed writing it.

I will also, no doubt, enjoy going back and re-reading this. I'll have to do this "Open Ended Blog Evening" style post again sometime.

Type type type type. Type type.

Mr. W wrote this
(but he is pretending to be someone else at this time)
Herr W wird Karikaturen aufpassen

-- start geek humor --
that's car- I say that's cartoons, son!
Boy don't listen to a thing I say....


all your base are belong to us! (I'm a sucker for old meme's)

xkcd.com

.... that's all I got right now....
WAIT!!!!
Best real headline ever!!!
...skywalkers...

If you don't get it... watch Star Wars episodes 4-6 a bunch of times... or, just understand that geek humor is beyond you, and just live out your happy little life.
-- end geek humor --

(show's over- nothing to see here)

No comments: