3.20.2008

Enough with the dream stuff...

So yesterday I wrote about my dream, but I forgot to mention that I went to visit some friends. Mr W got invited to dinner at his friend's house yesterday. Dinner was great, but even better, I got to play with a dog and a baby!

Fred.
Fred is an awesome dog. I'm not sure what his racial heritage is, but I think he's got a bit of bull terrier in him or something. At any rate, he is a cool dog. He's got that fun under-bite that some dogs have, where the canine teeth on his lower jaw stick out farther than the ones on his upper jaw and it creates a cool look for him. Even better though, he digs me. I guess that's not really a surprise since I'm one of those people who likes dogs, probably a bit more than I like most people. Anyway it was an awful lot of fun to visit him.

Also it was fun to see his people. The Carpenters are good people, and the little Carpenter is one cute little fellow. The last time I saw him he was about a day old, and now at 2 months he is significantly bigger than the I remember him. Also he is much more grunty. He has a whole repertoire of sounds he can make now. Most of which appear to be grunts of one sort or another. And a little crying, but he still cries like an infant and not like a baby that has figured out how to use his full lung capacity for screaming. But most importantly, little Alex is one cute little fellow. When he decided that he was done complaining he spent a good long time just being interested in what was going on around him. Lots of looking. And quite a bit of wiggling too.
I had plenty of opportunities to poke at him, and he really took it well.
Oh, and I should mention, he no longer looks like a little tiny old man. Now he looks like a cute little baby.
And he better keep it up.
I expect to have a cute little baby to poke at every time I go visit them. And if he doesn't keep up his end of the bargain, so help me... I am just going to... tickle him or something. And if that doesn't work, then I'll have to move on to his parents. They won't like it, but I know how to tickle real good. So someone will be laughing, even if it's not the baby.

Fair warning.

OH NO!!!!
It's past my bedtime!

Mr. W's pj's are waiting, and they're not patient.
G'night

No comments: