2.24.2009

That didn't come out right...

My last post was not supposed to degenerate into a screed railing against the terrible job the government and the financial community have done in taking care of the economy.

It was supposed to be a post for me to reflect on how I feel about what these things have done to people around me.

It was supposed to be a place for me to express the unreasonable amount of sadness I feel about it.

That seems a bit extreme.
But it's not for just one person.
There was another announcement today that results in probably 18-24 other people losing their jobs. I know I'm being rather vague, but I have to. I'm not supposed to spread personnel information... but I figure that if I don't really reveal any details I can still talk about it.

I can't help but put myself into the shoes of these people.
Especially my ex-manager.
And it hurts.

My day was ruined fifteen minutes after I got to work.

But this doesn't make sense.
Nothing bad happened to me. Me and my job are both doing fine.

Yet I feel so sad.
It's as though my sense of empathy is on overdrive.

Damn it.

This recession sucks.

No comments: