1.07.2010

There is no joy in Mudville.

There might not be any joy anywhere.

I started the job I work in 8.5 years ago.
For the first 4 years my cube neighbor was Steve.
Then work moved and he wasn't my neighbor anymore.
Then 3 years later he became my neighbor again.
He has been my neighbor for the last 1.5 years.

Today I found out that he is very sick.
He had bleeding in his brain.
He had a stroke.
If he's older than 40, it can't be by much.
As far as I know he is conscious.
And minimally responsive.
Paralyzed on his right side.

He is divorced but has primary custody of his son (5) and daughter (13?).
His father is in treatment for cancer.
Money was tight.

Why?


Why does the world have to be so cruel.


Here we have a man trying as hard as he can to take care of his kids...
And he is struck down.

Regardless of how this all ends... His life changed forever yesterday.


He will never be the same.




I want to say it's not fair.
But I already know that this world isn't fair.

Sometimes I wish I believed in a god so I could blame someone for this.



Impotent rage is just so useless.

No comments: